Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Kwik Sew 3334

I finally finished this jacket and I must say whilst I still have things about it I will fix next time round I have worn it so many times in the past few weeks.


I wanted a jacket that I could just throw on for errands etc and this does the job beautifully. I am really happy with the comfort factor even though in this version the bust point isn't quite right. Of course no one else notices but me. To me it doesn't matter how good something looks if it is uncomfortable I won't be wearing it very often. I am so happy with how wearable it is and it goes with so many dresses,skirts and pants in my wardrobe.




I can see me making this in lots of different fabrics and think it would be nice in a white drill /linen for the warmer months. 



This is the dress I made for Shannon and Daniel's wedding back in March but I have been wearing it a lot more in winter with boots and a jacket. It really is too heavy to wear in our hot summer. I can't even remember what pattern it is now as it was traced from  a pattern Jenny had. This is the second time I have made it and I am sure it will get another look in sometime in the future.

I am currently working on New Look 6915


I am nearly done but had a hiccup with the neckband and ran out of fabric so I will need to pick something contrasting from Spotlight in the next few days. I just need to hem it and add the neckband and them I'm done.

Next up will be some quick summer tops for the Gold Coast holiday. The patterns have already been adjusted so I am hoping they will be a quick sew!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment