Saturday, July 2, 2011

Peek Through Last Week

This past week has gone so fast with the usualy weekly stuff and a few fun things thrown in. Teaching, house duties and business stuff has been the main activities of the week.

As 1st July is the start of the new financial year James and I took the bold move to de-register for the GST. This has taken a little time to organize with calls to the tax dept and with the re-ordering of stationary but I am SO glad. I don't know why we didn't do it sooner. The next month with take a little sorting but nothing I can't handle........ I look forward to the less office work I will have to do and also the bonus of not sending the tax office money every 3 months. YAY....


Wednesday evening Jess and I went to see the movie "Bridesmaid". I was hilarious and a feel great movie at the same time. I had a great time and enjoyed being with my girl.



Friday night James and I had date night at the "Swinging Pig" . We had a lovely meal and a super yummy sticky date pudding for dessert. It was cold and stormy outside and I enjoyed sitting in a quiet part of the pub with the blazing fire while we ate a scrumptious meal.
Afterwards we called in to visit Jess and Mike for a minute and then headed home to Matt and Lucy. This was the first time we had let Matt babysit Lucy while we actually went out on a date. I got to wear my Kwik Sew Jacket I made and apart from a few adjustments necessary on my next pattern I am really happy with it.

The weekend is just a quiet one. Steve and Gail were at mum's yesterday and Steve and I did some nice reminiscing of old school days and chatted about people we had forgotten about.
Today I plan to start my sewing for our Gold Coast holiday in September. Yes it is still a while away but as my sewing time is limited I want to get a head start and not feel rushed. School holidays are a week away so if I can get my sewing plan in place I hope to knock out a few garments.



No comments:

Post a Comment