Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend 2011

Mother's Day weekend started on Friday night when Jess and I went out for dinner. It was nice to be out of the house for an hour and just relax. After dinner Jess came home to see her Dad who has been missing her.

Saturday morning I got my new washing machine and the afternoon was spent mainly sewing. The kids and I were going to  mum and dad's but Lucy suddenly came down with a migraine and so bed and medication was the order of the afternoon. Whilst Lucy rested I managed to finish a pair of yoga pants. They are my favourite go to pattern that I drafted from a RTW pair. James went to Hockey and so me and the kids just hung out which was really nice. Lucy was thankfully feeling better by the evening.

Sunday morning brought me a yummy breakfast in bed. I LOVE croissants and I got some left over easter eggs as well hehe!!!!




I spent an hour or so in bed just reading blog - it was heaven.....


I was lucky and got a couple of lovely presents.





James and the kids got me these lovely earings. They are so pretty and I have been wanting a pair that I can wear all the time that are cute.





My lovely Jess gave me a really cool label maker. It's something I have wanted for a while but something I probably wouldn't have bought for myself. I will have some fun using this.



Mother's day lunch was spent with all the family at our favourite local chinese restaurant.




My little girl suddenly looks so grown up!! She is soooo sweet and I want her to stay this age for ever. I will miss her being a little girl.






She has the most precious face

 

Our silly self portrait




All the family at lunch, except Gail as she doesn't like to get her photo taken :/








My beautiful mum, who truely is the best mum in the world. I have been so lucky to be raised in a family of love and been taught so many good things. I have been really blessed to have such a warm family.




After lunch we went back to mum and dad's for cake but after a short while Lucy was unwell again so we headed home to let her rest.

I spent another hour in my sewing room and started to alter a new pattern (more on that in my next post).

Then James and I went for a walk and finished the weekend watching some TV together.
It was a fantastic weekend, I got in all my favourite things to do with my favourite people.











No comments:

Post a Comment