Sunday, May 29, 2011

New Look 6810

It's been a long while since I posted but I have been unwell. I will post about that another day 'cos I want to talk about this pattern I finally finished.




I am not convinced whether I like it or not. It looks nice on  but I am not sure how comfortable it will be. It has some weird pulling going on which was probably my fault but I am not sure why. It is pulling to one side at the bust in quite a strange way. The proof will be in the wearing as always. The pattern firstly calls for a woven but I really thinks it lends itself to a knit which to me is what the envelope picture shows.





 It is more flattering on than I thought it would be when I was sewing it. I was convinced I was going to have a wadder. One thing I need to work out on all my patterns is the whole shoulder thing. No matter how much I add to the front shoulder seam it still seems to pull forward. To much added here and I get gaposis so I think I will have to post on PatternReview for some advice. 
One thing I learnt from sewing this pattern is how much more of a shoulder slope I have on my right side. This top was falling off and not fitting very well on the right side at all.

I think I will have another go at this top soon maybe in a cotton or knit fabric as the style is quite flattering.

I so wish I could sew every day. I have so many things I want to try and I feel my fitting skills are getting better all the time. They are not perfect but I am learning something new on every garment. Certainly the fit is a whole lot better than RTW.

No comments:

Post a Comment