Sunday, May 8, 2011

New Look 6810

New Look 6810


This is the pattern I am working on at the moment. So far I have done the following

  •  I started with an 18 at the neck and then I merged out to a 22 at the bust, waist and hips.
  • On the back I have done the usual adjustments - a small rounded high back adjustment and I did a 3cm tuck at the waist. Now I usually do a sway back ,but I will wait to the end of all my other adjustments to decide on that.
  • So far on the front I did a 3cm tuck at the waist and added 1.5cm at the shoulder neck tapering to nothing at the shoulder arm side.
The plan on my next session is to do an FBA. After measuring the pattern I need to add about 7 cm for bust ease of about 10cm which the pattern calls for. I will then decide whether to keep the bust dart or rotate it out. I will check the fit and then decide if a sway back and any extra length is needed after I took out the 3cm at the waist.

When I purchased this pattern I thought it was for knits but it is designed for wovens. I have sort of combined the both with a silk type of fabric with some stretch in it. I think this pattern will be a winter wear as I will need to wear a cami under it as it is very low.





No comments:

Post a Comment