Monday, April 4, 2011

A Bird Has Flown the Nest

It's funny how life changes when you least expect it !!! I would have never thought six months ago that my 19 year old daughter would have moved out of home let along moving in with a boy. Well the love bug hit and Mikey bought a unit and now they are living together.

Our weekend was filled with moving furniture both to Jess's new house and within our own.



My two girls that I love to bits at the new abode


Of course a very special dad always saves the day and puts all the furniture together whilst Mikey was at work.



The first meal at the new home - had to be a takeaway as the fridge hasn't arrived yet









I sure do hope they will be very happy in their new home. It will take a while for me to get used to Jess not being here. I will miss the conversation we have together as two adults yet I know our relationship will get even better as I  will no longer have to nag her about cleaning her room etc. I am so proud and thankful that I have such a responsible and loving daughter and know that she is going to have the most awesome future.

It's so difficult to comprehend that you gave birth to this child and that nearly 20 years have gone past in just a blink of an eye. I look at Lucy and just don't want her to get any older. My it will be a sad day when number two and three leave the nest.

No comments:

Post a Comment