Thursday, April 28, 2011

Long Weekend Painting

Easter this year coincided with ANZAC day so we had an extra long weekend to get things done around here.

After the leaving of Jess Matt claimed her room but he wasn't so keen on the pink walls. It was time to change that.


Here you can see the contrast of the two colours





I wasn't so sure when we first started, the colour looked so dark but of course it dried lighter.





Here is the finished effect and I LOVE it.... The white dado rails really break it up and add a touch if elegance whilst still being a teenage boy's cave.




I love the texture of it and it covers less that perfect walls extremely well!

We don't have a lot of the holidays left and I am disappointed as I haven't done anything I wanted to do yet. I had hoped to sew a lot and get a few home chores done and catch up with some friends. This morning Sarah came over with Rory and Ethan and it was nice to see them all and have a good laugh.


Today is the Royal Wedding of William and Kate so my afternoon and evening are taken up with watching the proceedings. I think I will put the TV on in my sewing room and sew a skirt until the Ceremony and then I will watch on the big screen.



No comments:

Post a Comment