Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

The wedding of William and Catherine was just beautiful. This will be an event for forever sticks in my mind as did Diana's wedding day and Fergie's too. Lucy and I sat through it all whilst Matt and James went to the movies.

Kate was simply beautiful, elegant and classic. What really struck me though was that she was so confident and enjoying every moment of her wedding; a stark contrast to Diana who looked scared to death. I think she knew that Charles was never going to give Camilla up and she was like a lamb to slaughter.



Kate's family carried themselves so well and her brother spoke so beautifully.


 

 

You could tell that William loved her so and will protect her. He is his mother all over and I was saddened that Diana was not there to see her beloved son get married. She would have been the proudest mother. I loved seeing Prince Harry and what a little devil he is. He is ALL about fun and cheekiness and such an imp. I loved it when he and William entered the church and Harry took off his hat and ruffled his hair back up - such a modern young man thing to do.



When I saw Kate come into the church it was hard not to see Princess Grace. The elegance was evident. Classic beauty never fades.



William and Kate will revive the Monarchy and marriage and  bring it into the modern age.

No comments:

Post a Comment